Thousands of years before modern medicine provided scientific evidence for the mind-body connection, the sages of India developed Ayurveda, which continues to be one of the world’s most sophisticated and powerful mind-body health systems. It offers a body of wisdom designed to help people stay vibrant and healthy while realizing their full human potential.
Here are a few Ayurvedic practices I learned at the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health during my studies there:
- Go to bed, wake up and eat at around the same times every day.
- Eat fresh whole foods that are freshly prepared.
- Make lunch your main meal.
- Sip on warm water through the day.
- Avoid cold & iced beverages.
- Move your body in a way that feels intuitive for you often during the day, every day.
- Follow the rhythms of nature.
- Take moments of silence throughout the day to rest the senses.
- Practice mindfulness and gratitude everyday.